A blog dedicated to Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg, architect of the July 20th plot against Hitler and all-around interesting guy. Hard not to love people who try to blow up Hitler, y'know.
Rewatching Valkyrie after getting the special edition (BONUS FEATURES) off of Amazon. Flood of Stauffenberg posts likely imminent.
What would you guys like to see more of on this blog? As it is, I’m running out of pictures quite quickly, and I’m unsure of what sort of media to start posting in its place. Would y’all like more movie or book reviews, historical text posts like background information, more about the other July 20th conspirators, charts, Valkyrie plot details, more on Germany or the Reich in general…?
Please, recommmend anything and everything you’d like to see. Except fluffy kittens. I like them as much as you do but they’re not relevant to the German military resistance. Unless they’re wearing little eyepatches.
So, what do you want on Everything Claus von Stauffenberg?
- He was certified as an English translator, in addition to knowing a host of other languages.
- Poetry had a significant effect on his intellectual development and life. In addition to his familiarity with Stefan George, his mother was close friends with Rilke.
- After his grievous wounds in North Africa, he refused to take morphine and other pain medications for fear of becoming addicted.
- This fact was intentionally left out of 2008’s Valkyrie because, according to one of the filmmakers, audiences would have thought it a ‘contrivance for a Tom Cruise movie.’
- In other words, Stauffenberg was being more BA than Hollywood was prepared to recognize.